EMP Preparedness

What is an EMP

An Electric-Magnetic-Pulse, or EMP is an electromagnetic radiation burst that has the potential to harm or impair electronic equipment and systems. EMPs can be produced by man-made or natural sources, such as nuclear weapons, specialized EMP weapons, solar flares or lightning strikes.

How do I prepare for an EMP

90% of preparing for an EMP is the same as any other disaster, food, shelter, water and security. The other 10% is making sure that you protect the electronics you need from an EMP.